This is a pretty funny one.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by MOChickenz, Aug 20, 2011.

1. MOChickenz

MOChickenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Missouri
    We had a discussion with the neighbor whose dog was killing our chickens. After we convinced him that we would actually kill it and be well within the law, he trained it to a shock collar. Yay!

I was having my coffee on the patio this morning when my 14 lb chihuahua mix took off barking toward the chickens. My German and Australian shephard mixes just looked around a bit. Then I heard the chickens flip out and ran down.

My chihuahua was running off a COYOTE. Lol. No casualties.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. chickengal30

chickengal30 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    West coast of Florida.
    [​IMG] Awsome!!! Extra treats for the dog!!! [​IMG]

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Be careful. Coyotes are not beyond luring dogs off to a point where they can turn on them and kill and eat them. There's a reason they are called 'wiley.' Small dogs and cats are one of their favored meals.

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Chihuahuas are big dogs trapped in small dog bodies.

5. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] wow extra treats for him

6. MOChickenz

Jun 10, 2010
    Missouri
    Normally, my dogs run in a pack. I have no idea why the other 2 just stayed there. However, it was pretty amusing.

7. MOChickenz

Jun 10, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:He is actually the only vicious animal I own. Lol. Ok, so after he barks at you like he is going to eat you, he makes sure you will pet him and allows you to live

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    My daughter and SIL used to live on the outskirts of Atlanta. Their back yard was flanked by a swamp/state park. During a visit, my SIL mentioned that all the neighborhood cats had disappeared. When I mentioned coyotes, he scoffed, "Be serious this is a city." Later that evening all heck broke out in his backyard. His GSP and lab mix (85# dogs) were up against the fence trying to get at a coyote that kept approaching the fence. He said, "Lucky for that coyote they can't get through the fence." I said, "Lucky for the the dogs. There's an entire family of coyotes waiting out there to eat them." Coyotes work on a divide and conquer basis. They try to seperate the dogs and attack one at a time as a group.

9. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:He is actually the only vicious animal I own. Lol. Ok, so after he barks at you like he is going to eat you, he makes sure you will pet him and allows you to live

[​IMG] i adopted out a 6# female chihuahua a few years back when we were doing dog rescue work. Her name was Drisella( like the sister to Walt Disney's Cinderella) to a family with a VERY large-150#- male Rottweiller.. That chihuahua RULED... when she told the Rottie to "jump" ,his response was "Yes MA'AM! how high?" lol

10. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I had a chihuahua. He has since crossed over the rainbow bridge. At the time we had a 120lb white german shepherd. My Chi wieghed 5lbs. He ruled the roost. Would boss our shepherd around. Sometimes though she would look at him like really??? I could put your whole body in my mouth and swallow, but she was so gentle with him. Sadly one night he tried to take on our cocker spaniel over a bone, and was killed. I really dont think Buster meant to kill him, he was just so tiny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by