This is about my chickens behaviors...I have a couple Polish Rooster..

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenchickenbulkbulk, Dec 5, 2008.

1. chickenchickenbulkbulk

chickenchickenbulkbulk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    OHIO
    I hatched out these two roo's from eggs...they finally got all there feathers on there heads..now the other chickens will not leave their heads alone. I usually keep them separated from the others at night, but not last night.. One of the roo's went in a cage with the leghorns..this was the first time he ever ventured in there..when I went out this morning they all but scalped him..on one side of his head, his skin and 2 feathers were just dangling..I have brought him in..his head will freeze..poor little thing is eating and drinking, but he has to be in pain. Is there anything I can put on him to help? I am going to try to find some one that will take both of the roo's, if any one is interested let me know. Thanks DeeJay

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I would put some kind of antibiotic on it and keep him separated for a while. When you reintroduce him, make sure you don't just toss him to the wolves. They need an introduction period where they can see each other but not get at each other.

3. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I had the same problem with my polish roo and I had to rehome him. I also have a polish hen and they don't bother her a bit, lol.

4. chickenchickenbulkbulk

chickenchickenbulkbulk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    OHIO
    Yea, I am going to have to rehome these 2 roos. They were raised with all my other chickens and they are kept separate, but where everyone can still see each other. All of the chickens just want these roos to be featherless. I live by the Ohio River in Scioto Co. If any one would like to have them and LOVE them..they can have them. DeeJay

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by