This is awkward/how do i/?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by magicpigeon, Jul 25, 2011.

1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Um. Where to start. You know how sometimes when you hear a song and it won't get out of your head? And nothing you do can stop it? It doesn't finish but rather just repeats in a demented never-ending loop? Oh, and you keep randomly bursting out into song surprising everyone and getting weird glances from old people?

Ehh... how do you make it stop?? [​IMG] Right now I've been humming the same lyrics again and again... for the past 3 days. I mean it. THREE DAYS.
    i see a little silhouetto of a man,
    scaramouch scaramouch will you do the fan-DAN-go-
    THUN-DER-BOLTS-AND-LIGHTNING
    VEERY VEERY FRIGHTNING ME!!
    Galileo
    galileo
    GALILEO..

and so on and so forth. [​IMG] I don't even listen to/like Queen. My sister introduced me to the song 3 days ago. Have only heard it twice, maybe 3 times. IT WONT STOP... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I know exactly how you feel. I some how got the song "I'll pray for you" stuck in my meager brain and it keeps going round and round.

3. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I find it's best to play the song beginning to end and let it "play out" of my brain. Usually if it's stuck that means my mind is searching for the next verse.

4. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    ah crap! Now it's in my head!!!

DANG IT!!

5. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    Unfortunately, earworms have no treatment or cure. You just have to have the song looping in your mind until it stops

6. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. coreybee

coreybee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Nottingham, PA
    This is the song that never ends.... it just goes on and on my friend... some people started singing it not knowing what it was..... and now they will be singing it forever just because.....This is the..... (you get the point)

8. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
    All you can do is start a different song, for variety! Be careful of listening to things on YouTube late at night...that seems to imprint them.

I'm currently endlessly humming some popular song that goes "Put my hands up, nodding my head", only it's the Mormon version with jokes I don't understand. You Tube is dangerous.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    "The Lion Sleeps Tonight.....woooooooo" UGH!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by