This is crazy but I hate reading about hawks killing our pets

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by 7L Farm, Jun 19, 2011.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I read about people putting fishing line everywhere, hanging up Cd's, radio's blaring you name it. Well, I know for a fact that crows will chase hawks away. Here's where I'm going with this. You can buy plastic fake crows & owls as well. Then buy a CD of a crow & hawk fight. My son had purchased the plastic crows & I had an owl already. They were sitting in the barn so I placed them around my garden one day. I have an old cassette I need to find the tape & try this. I do know that if there's any crows around you will attract them. [​IMG] I know my garden looks terrible but it's been over a hundred for weeks.

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I purposely throw scratch out in my yard for the crows. Them eating a little feed sure beats the hawks snacking on my chickens. They do a good job of earning their keep- I have lost a chicken to a hawk since I started feeding them [​IMG]

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I feed a flock of crows at the base of a tree in my woodline just past my coop...every hawk that has come anywhee near here gets a tree full of crow attacking it and chasing it off.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by