This is crazy!

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by BobwhiteQuailLover, Jul 17, 2011.

1. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
  2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    What is the crazy part?They look like a nice pair of red goldens to me.Price is a little steep for 1 month old chicks,but who knows how much they sell for in different parts of the country.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Look good to me....maybe a little high but nothing OUTRAGEOUS....30-40 would be way too much.
    [​IMG]

4. Covey Rise Plantation

Covey Rise Plantation Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2010
    Camilla
    I'd say i'ts way to much for month old domesticated inbred Goldens..most anywhere you can pick up a breeder pair for 40-$50

5. pheasantfreak

pheasantfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Preston, idaho
    i can get a quad for 50

6. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    looks like a great deal to me, just think what you will pay for mature birds

7. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    But they are 2 chicks, for $20 a piece! I would never spend that much on chicks.
    Tony K.T: That is a copied pic not their birds and they are selling the chicks.

8. OzawkieBantams

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:It doesn't matter how bout you just wait till they are older then you can spend more money I would spend that for four birds rather the 60 for 2 you might end up with one roo three hens or three roos one hen or two pair clearly you havent thought about your odds, but with your RG's your odds are pretty good [​IMG]

9. Covey Rise Plantation

Covey Rise Plantation Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2010
    Camilla
    Quote:It doesn't matter how bout you just wait till they are older then you can spend more money I would spend that for four birds rather the 60 for 2 you might end up with one roo three hens or three roos one hen or two pair clearly you havent thought about your odds, but with your RG's your odds are pretty good [​IMG]

Then you feed them for two years, add another $40 or so and you still end up domesticated inbred Goldens..F2 breeder pairs can be got for $75

10. OzawkieBantams

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS

Then you feed them for two years, add another $40 or so and you still end up domesticated inbred Goldens..F2 breeder pairs can be got for $75

Well by then youve made your money back on the chicks havent you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by