This is Curly

sewchick

One Handy Chick
15 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Maine
Here is my odd looking chick. It has curly feathers. It's the ears that are funny!! Dh wants to keep it so here it is. I think it's a white egg layer. Mean little bugger. Fights with the bigger chicks. I hope it gets more feathers.

20760_curley.jpg
20760_curley2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
OHH yours are cute!! I am getting too many chickens and more coming.

Is it normal for them to have stick out ears? Curly is so funny looking.
gig.gif

I had the ugliest little frizzle, and he surely thought he was the King around here, he was always beating on my poor Polish Roo...until....the dog got him...but he was fun to watch!

I hope it keeps it's mean streak. He/She is so ugly looking it's cute. I can use an ugly bird to protect the hens. Matilda (my 8 month old red star hen) chased the cat down the driveway today. Now that was a hoot and a half. I had to clutch my gut from laughter. I laughed and laughed. I am sore from it.
gig.gif
I had no idea a chicken could run like that. I am still laughing at the very thought. Her feathers were standing up on her neck. What a funny funny sight.

I think Tilda is the alfa hen. She is just so funny to watch. She's very protective of me. I find this a very odd behavior from a chicken. She does not like dh or the cat near me. She will chase them. And boy can she bite. I have a few black and blues from her. She's the worst one. Yet she is friendly. Follows me like a dog. I hide my hands now or wear leather gloves. They seem to think my psoriasis is a bug or something.

Back
Top Bottom