This is cute...read on.

rroven

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
lexington, SC
As I am writing this I have a 2 day old Salmon Faverolle chick nestled on my chest having a nap. How did he get there you ask?This is the only chick from my first hatch...and life has been hard for him already. He can eat but can't figure out drinking so he is syringe fed water every half hour. After his last watering, he suddenly fell asleep in my hand. We went out and got 5 more chicks from the feed store after he was born so he would not be alone. The other chicks are about 5-7 days old and they push him around. This little guy has guts but wants to burrow under the others to sleep. They don't let him so I guess my warm hand was the closest he could get to what he wanted and needed. So, he and I are laying down right now with him under my breast with a nice soft nightie tucked around him...and you know what? I think I'm gonna join him....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Last edited:
LOL! DH has taken a liking to our white Silkie that was born on Saturday and she's having some trouble adjusting to the other chicks who are older as well... so DH cuddles her like our kids!!!!!!! I have to laugh because he told me he's claiming her for his own!

I have a funny feeling this little guy is going to end up with lots of special treatment and a fairly large piece of my heart.

Maybe a parakeet waterer for a few days? When mine arrived, less than 12 hours old some of them would drink only from my fingertips. I guess they weren't that thirsty yet. By Day 3 everyone was drinking from the poultry fountain. But yes, a lovely excuse to make one into your special pet...
cool.png

Hey rroven, Where do you live in Lexington. We used to live on Yachting Rd. off of Old Cherokee and Old Chapin. It is my sisters house and her family and her were in Norway for 2 yrs. and my family and I were house sitting for her. This was 1989 -- 1990.

Quote:
In the boonies actually, out where hwy 302 and hwy 6 join up. Boiling Springs Rd runs right by our place. You any relation to Shane Bell?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom