1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

this is gross.....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gapeachy, Dec 18, 2008.

1. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    does anybody else's dog out there eat chicken poo and goat poo and any other poo he can get to?......my boxer really grosses me out....I even caught him in the cat box munching cat litter and cat poo (yuck) he had litter hanging all around his big old mouth....is something wrong with him?.....we feed him really good...he is not hungry

2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Yes there's something wrong with him, he's a dog & dogs are disgusting! Including all 10 of mine.
    Given the chance they'll all eat poop. Think about that the next time ol' Fido's licking your face.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

He's just being a dog. I don't get why they do it either. My outside dogs think new calf poo is a special treat during calving season.... [​IMG] My daughter's dog loves to lick guinea poo and roll in it when they come to visit.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    yup...mine eat it all....cat,pig,goat,chicken,rabbit,..then they wanna come give mommy a big wet kiss![​IMG]..[​IMG]..[​IMG]..

5. gapeachy

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    he is an inside dog....I raised him inside and no way he thinks he is staying outside...but eating all that poo I am afraid he is going to get worms....

6. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    my golden retrievers fave was horse poo....dogs also LOVE hoof clippings..but they always throw them up later .... so i try to keep them away

7. gapeachy

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    yeah mine eat goat feet clippings....

8. FarmerDenise

FarmerDenise Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    Sonoma County
    Yup, my dog loves poo too. Chicken poo, cat poo, rabbit poo, earthworm poo, mystery poo; all taste yummy to her.
    We don't let her lick our faces, if we can help it [​IMG]
    She's a dog; dogs love stinky stuff!!!
    Ours gets fed very well also, but there is something about that poo.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  9. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    My mostly white and brown JRT has mastered the art of rolling in disgusting noxious materials. She not particular, just as long as it smells disgusting.

10. Mikeeeeeeeeee

Mikeeeeeeeeee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Wetumpka
    Mine eats her dog food when there is no poo.
    Seriously.
    Shes a good dog, but still a poo-eater.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by