1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

this is HILARIOUS!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BarefootMom, Jun 2, 2011.

1. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-police-shoot-alligator-in-kansas-city-20110602,0,4653149.story

NDEPENDENCE
    , Mo. (AP) - Police responding to an alligator sighting in a suburban Kansas City pond took quick action to dispatch the big reptile.

It wasn't until after the second rifle shot bounced off the beast Sunday that the three Independence officers realized it was a concrete lawn ornament.

Independence police spokesman Tom Gentry says the department received a call from a man who said a gator had been spotted in the woods. Gentry says the alligator was in the weeds near a tree by a pond and it looked real. An officer shot the gator twice in the head - per instructions from a conservation officer - before realizing it wasn't moving.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Stupid is as stupid does.

3. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I'm with them! If I were facing a big gator, I'd shoot first and investigate second.

4. MMCZMM

MMCZMM Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Elizabethtown
    Quote:I second this!!

5. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Quote:i agree!

7. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Shoot first ask questions later!

8. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    umm did anyone think to talk to the owner of the pond? he/she could have told them it was an ornament

9. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Not very observent are they......
    Now everyone who has a pond will be buying these,nothing like free advertisement.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  10. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    My sister has a pond on their 3 acre yard. Somewhere she found a floating plastic alligator head and slipped it in the pond. Her DH saw it and flipped out. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by