This is how my DH makes up for messing up

emvickrey

ChowDown Silkie Farm
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Hornbeak, Tennessee
So........DH changed all my plans for the weekend, so of course I wasn't happy at all. He left and came back with these. He didn't want to sleep in the dog house last night and managed to get his way.
bow.gif

(just a hint to those wanting to avoid the dog house)

p06261112.jpg

By emvickrey at 2011-06-26
p0626111239.jpg

By emvickrey at 2011-06-26

I had planned for weeks to go to a swap to sell off all these chicks I have and he went and got the grandkids for the weekend which blew my plans out the window. I was very upset. I had also made arrangements with a local couple to buy 2 pairs of the Gambel quail after we got back from the swap. After a day of the silent treatment he went down the street and came back with what's pictured and a JB roo quail for my hens.
thumbsup.gif

I wonder how bad he needs to mess up to build me a new pen for the guinea keets that are growing out of their current pen.
caf.gif

It's just a hobby for me but I would like to sell off the chicks to at least help him pay for feed. Or to buy something else I want. Otherwise, he pays for it all. He's gone right now to buy feed. He always says he would just not have any but he's just into them as I am but he's in denial.
roll.png

He really wanted to take them to the auction barn so he could see what was brought. Last time we went we spent more than what we made off of selling chickens. They do the smaller farm animals on saturdays and first they auction off other items people bring. I mean truck and trailer loads of just stuff, then they move on to the animals. Thats what he wanted but I was trying to avoid buying anything to use the money we got from selling chicks to buy the gambels. I would have gotten more out of them at the swap instead of the auction. I would have been lucky to get $1 each chick at the auction. A local poultry club held the swap and it was open to anybody to sell also and according to the other members it was a huge success. Everybody sold out of everything.
he.gif

But it was better we didn't go to either after all because of the 1 pen of chicks I have, have cocci and I didn't know it till this morning. All of them would have been exposed to it so it's better we didn't go. I don't want to sell sick birds. So far only 2 had it. The one this morning and another one started pooping blood a little while ago. We put it down too. They are in isolation away from all the other birds. They wheren't with any others in their pen but I disinfected that pen and they are now in the shed in a cage. I never had to deal with cocci before and i've read it can be cured but it's a battle.

Back
Top Bottom