scgamecock

Songster
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Conway SC
lilyweeders001.jpg

It beats hand pulling

lilyweeders004.jpg

This is my only White Orpington hen.She will be two years old in April and looks really good after her winter molt.

lilyweeders009.jpg

This is her with Louise my prettiest BLRW.

lilyweeders010.jpg

Sharing a bug together

lilyweeders006.jpg

Don't you just love fluffy butts?

The one in the front is a Delaware and the big feather footed one in the back is a Light Brahma.You may have notice a Columbian Wyandotte also which has the black hackle and tail feathers.

Quote:
Yes she does.It almost looks a steel grey color.I have another one that is splash where Louise is blue but not as dark as they can be.

I had to put upside down buckets over my day lilies because my girls were destroying the tender shoots in their search for cutworms.

My poor garden will never be the same since I got chickens.

Mine are just starting to break dormancy but the semievergreen and the evergreen one's don't completely die down and they don't bother them.

Does your bramah have really dirty foot-feathers? (whatever you call them) I ask this because I'm planning on getting some feathered leg chickens this spring and my main consern is that their leg/foot feathers will get really dirty. However yours looks free-ranged however my chickens are kept in a dirt floor run with chicken house.

Mine only get to free range when I'm home.They live in a coop with a dirt run and when it get's wet they will get dirty.

Back
Top Bottom