This is just great...I have Egg-bird syndrome!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by AnaD, Sep 23, 2011.

1. AnaD

AnaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    N. Ca
    For weeks I could not understand why every once in a while I would get stomach cramps and start to vomit [​IMG] . The quiche for dinner night was the worst night ever! I figured it out finally and I am not happy to say it has been the eggs all along making me sick.
    Just this year I started my flock of chickens and it seems now I can't even eat their eggs.
    Does anyone else have this Egg-Bird Syndrome or know about it?
    [​IMG]

http://foodallergies.about.com/od/eggallergies/p/eggallergies.htm

2. JerseyHen

JerseyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Sussex County, NJ
    I had never heard of eggbird syndrome! I am so sorry that you are having to go through that. [​IMG] You must be beside yourself about it. Do you have the allergy to the birds as well or just the eggs?

3. MyBlackHen

MyBlackHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Upstate New York
    Wow! I had never heard of such a thing! I am so sad for you. [​IMG] I hope someone else on BYC can give you more information or suggestions.

4. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    I have a lady that will only buy fertile eggs because her daughter is allergic to eggs, but she can eat the fertile ones. She was told by her DR. that once they have been fertilized it changes their genitics to the same as chicken. I don't know if this is true or not, just what she told me. You might want to check that out.

5. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

My son is allergic to runny yolks. He can eat them if hard cooked or scrambled. The doctor said cooking changes a protein in the egg.

6. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    If you are allergic to hen eggs, you might try duck eggs. Many people who are allergic to hen eggs can eat duck eggs.

No guarantees, but it is worth a try.

7. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Quote:X2, we have people who buy both because of an allergy with a family member.

8. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Quote:That is possibly one of the strangest "strange-but-true" things I've ever heard. But, kind of similarly, that's how Humera and other rheumatoid artheritis medications work. RA is your body's immune system rejecting your joints. In many FEMALE RA patients, symptoms are greatly improved when they get pregnant. Evidently, a woman's body turns off its rejection response so as not to reject the pregnancy. So, Humera-type drugs attempt to reproduce the conditions of pregnancy that turn off the immune system, and stop the attack on your joints.

Maybe it is something similar to that?

mm

9. ZoeZoo

ZoeZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    that is a bit odd. Really sucks tho!
    My granny is allergic to turkey but not chicken. I always thought that made no sense! A turkey, meat-wise, is the same as a chicken, isn't it..?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by