1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

this is my new toy

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tashtash, Jan 4, 2013.

1. tashtash

tashtash Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    My new incubator[​IMG]

2. tashtash

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    Its set on 38'. Is this right its my first time.

3. nok13

nok13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2012
    hi that is eggsaxtly the encubator that i have; my first time, and we didnt calibarate or check anything first and stuck a whole lot of precious thai fighting chicken eggs in to it; u can read my various threads asking for help

so i have a question; can u scan and send me the instruction manual for that incubator cause mine came w/o one since i ordered it here in israel thru some private chicken hobbyists...

we had some issues with the setting button; we have the knob turned to 38+ but according to my acurate candy thermometer, it is 37 celsius inside. my hygrometer i took out cause hubby thought the reading were inaccurate/

after checking with a chicken person, i was told to not put so much water in the bottom at the beggining, only in one well, or even less and to use a aluminum cover over some of the well to control the very high humidity we had int he begginning. now we have both wells full of water even though some eggs are hatching and some are still incubating from a new batch.

so far after many mistakes and one assisted hatching, i have one live chick, and one pipped, and one starting a pip after 24 days; howver my eggs may have been more then 7 days old before brooding.

the hatched chick is strong and healthy so far.

but i really want instruction manual if u could scan and send i would love that.:
    email: [email protected]

five different hcicken hobbyists recommmended that incubator to me here in israel although i had wanted a more automatic one.
    our incubator is indoors in a walled off part of our small salon area, indoor heat here is 21 celsius and fairly dry , we are ta 750 meters above sea level, and the temp of our house changes since we dont have central heating, and bad insulation.

good luck
    bina

4. tashtash

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    The instructions I got with mine were pretty useless. That's why I'm getting advice here. It did not say what temp it needs to be. It did not say what the red light that flashes means. It only said turn on 6-24 hours before putting eggs in and don't put water in while it's heating up only add water about 7 - 8 mls 16-24 hours later when putting in the eggs. From what I have learned is it needs to be at about 38' for hatching. the dial on mine is not correct. I set it waited half a hour put a thermometer in the air hole and it came up as 39 ish or so so I turned it down a tiny bit and tested it again in half a hour and it was 38.5 I'm happy with that. It said to check the water every day. Put a X on one side and a O on the other side and turn them twice a day. The x and o is so u know what side your up to. Apart from that the instructions were not helpful. I googled and got info from here most of the time. If i can help I will. I don't have a scanner. Have you tried to phone company where you brought from and asked for a copy

5. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    [​IMG]grats on the new bator keep us updated [​IMG]

6. Pancholoco

Pancholoco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    Sin, MX. now CA.
    Congrats[​IMG]. Looks pretty nice.

7. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I found a couple links for this bator but I could not find any instructions for it. So I would just get your own thermometers and hydrometers and shoot for 99.5 and 35-40% for the first 18 days and then up the humidity to 65% or so for the last 3 days and make sure you turn 3 times a day for the first 18 days and not turn after. Good luck

8. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Oh and I think its 38 C as I was saing 99.5 for F

9. cbnovick

cbnovick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Hi.
    I bought this same bator off ebay a month ago. I am on day 17 of my first ever hatch. I purchased a separate digital thermometer and hygrometer...found that in mine i only needed about less than a 1/4 cup water per day to keep humidity at about 40%...also found that I needed to keep the temp. dial on 37C to keep the bator around 100F...both are much less than I was instructed to do by seller...i think everyone's environment can make such a difference in 'factory settings' for many incubator...that's why it's good to get to know it for at least a few days before setting eggs...should be easy to keep the humidity up for the hatch with this bator. thus far I have 29 of 42 shipped eggs going strong into lockdown, so I am pleased. I have turned my eggs about 4-5 times in 24 hr period for days 3-18. I rested my shipped eggs at room temp next to bator in the cartons (fat side up) for 1 day and when I placed them in the bator I waited until day 3 to turn them so as to stabilize teh air cell from shipping.I love how simple and large this bator is...and the visibility is excellent too. Fingers crossed for a good hatch on 1/9!! I have purbred blue wheaten, wheaten ameraucanas, olive eggers and easter eggers from Montana and Southern Calif.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. tashtash

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    Great good to know you have the same one as me. What country are you in. Keep me updated on the progress of your hatch. Where did you get your thermometer from I tried to find one at chemist but had no luck. I have my dial set on 38 on the top of the machine. I'm on day 2 so I got along way to go. I just keep checking temp all through the day with my kids thermometer. It's a great incubator I love it. It was so simple to set up. :) lol!!!!
    Step 1.... Take out box
    Step 2...... Put lid on
    DONE!!!!!!
    To easy love it. Good luck with yours. I'll let you know how I go. Watch this thread. You keep me up to date on yours via this thread to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by