This is Nugget....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bainkitten, Apr 11, 2012.

1. bainkitten

bainkitten Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2012
    Georgia
    [​IMG] I have NO IDEA if Nugget is a male or female... and I would LOVE to know what breed Nugget belongs to but I have no idea where Nugget was purchased let alone breed. I know Nugget is little and as far as my limited knowledge goes... looks like your everyday feed store chick.... but I'm hoping someone here might know more???

2. bainkitten

Apr 11, 2012
    Georgia
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Hard to tell at this point, as a lot of chicks start off that color. I can tell you that this chick will turn into a primarily white bird (most likely Leghorn or Delaware since it has a single comb). With a few weeks, it'll be easier to tell.

Also, if I were to guess gender, I'd say male, they are among the first in any batch to perch on hands. But again, pretty early to know for sure.

4. Lots A Cluckin

Lots A Cluckin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    I would say cornish rock because of the big breast meat he/she already has but then again he/she looks more white than yellow...so could be a leghorn....(they are really good layers)

5. bainkitten

Apr 11, 2012
    Georgia
    Eeeep! Thank's y'all! I'm so excited to have some ideas! I will post pictures again in a couple weeks then and see what you think then...

6. bainkitten

Apr 11, 2012
    Georgia
    I googled Leghorn chicks and Nugget definately looks like the images that came up... Thank you guys! I can't wait to see if Nugget's a he or a she though... :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by