this is nuts but can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jkioneil, May 26, 2010.

1. Jkioneil

Jkioneil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Oregon
    my chicks want to wander around my Living room. it is warm and safe so what can i use as a diaper i am not okay with the poo! help

2. illegal avian

illegal avian Cooped up

Apr 21, 2010
    Third World, Texas
    If you don't want poo in the living room, maybe you could put them up on the bed... probably would be warmer and softer for them.

3. La_TomboyGirl

La_TomboyGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    NW Louisiana
    [​IMG] Yeah. I keep hearing that full-body chickenpoo wraps are all the rage for younger-looking skin...[​IMG]

I felt the same way about the living room poo, so I just took out one @ a time & interacted with them while they roamed around on a large towel. Keep tissue nearby for cleanups, then work your way through the flock, washing the towel @ the end. It actually wasn't very messy @ all, even though my 2 kids were involved too! LOL If you sprinkle a bit of feed on the towel & sit down with your legs forming a barrier, it will help them want to stay on the towel. There's no diaper for lil chicks that I'm aware of. Hope this helps! :eek:)

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  4. patnjess

patnjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Quote:

5. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I bring my girls out in my bedroom every now and then, they pretty much stick to perching on my arm, but when they do wander I always have a warm towel on hand for any accidents. Usually do one at a time as well to avoid any missed poops lol

6. Jkioneil

Jkioneil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Oregon
    that what i have been doing but it would rather roost on the dog so i have a towel at the ready. but i want to let her b with the dog without me sitting right her with a towel.

7. PoultryLover007

PoultryLover007 Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    You can set up a barrier around the living room like , section off where you want to pen them up and let them wander lol......OR you can just scoop them up when they have that look in their eyes, like im going to drop a bomb! JK haha...

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:If you don't want them pooping on your floor, put them outside.

Secondly I wouldn't leave it alone roosting on your dog...the dog may decide to make a snack out of the chick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by