This is odd...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by thndrdancr, Aug 29, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Ok, I know folks have had discussions about chickens going and not going poo in certain places.
    When I have my chickens in their run, they just go any old place.

But I was lookin over my coop, where they go into every day. The red x link lays in there, and I have fed them in there when its raining. I only have the two girls, Fussy, my EE is making me wait for eggs, I thot anytime this last two weeks, but not yet.

But anyhow, pulled the roof cover off to see how bad it was, do I need to clean, etc. Now they dont SLEEP in there, they sleep in the house cuz my EE has night terrors. Well...no poop. No poop anywhere in the coop and they have been using it for 3 weeks now. None, not a drop! Now I KNOW if they slept in there it would be different, (cuz they cant hold it that long for one) but I guess they consider the whole coop their nestbox? Its just weird.

I know my EE is fastidious, but my red is picking it up too. Fantastic! Now all I need is a litter box...lol

2. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Girl, there are going to be some envious people out there wishing they were you!

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

All I would've had to do for Slifer is to put the litter box under DH's chair because that's where she liked to go...especially Splort...[​IMG]

4. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    SC, that is funny. She knew dh didnt really care to have her there, ey? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by