This is our Coop

evaraye

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 24, 2007
South Louisiana
My husband and I worked on our coop together and it is working out pretty good so far... our girls seem to like it. We wish we would have more ground space but they seem happy and they've started laying eggs last week. We are having so much fun with them. First week we got 21 eggs... Week 2, day 2 we have a total of 9 eggs, and one was a double yolker... I was so proud of them. We have 14 production reds and 3 plymoth rocks and 1 older hen adopted (rescued from the dogs) from Poppie's house. She has taken on the dominate roll, being the oldest one... even though she hasn't given us any eggs since she got here. Here are a few pictures...
Coop
100_1910.jpg
054.jpg

a few of our girls under the coop...
057.jpg

My eggs...
052.jpg

skinny long egg
091.jpg

suprise inside
099.jpg

WE ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME!
evaraye

Last edited:
I was trying to figure out in those first pics how you kept the grass so green with the chickens in there, or if it was maybe Astroturf or something!

Then I saw the pics below with the chickens in them and though, "Oh, NOW I see - those first pics must have been in the construction/early phase!"

Looks like you have a very happy little flock - and they are producing eggs so nicely too!

Susan

Back
Top Bottom