This is probably coincidental (eggs helping healing a sprain?)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MacTech, Nov 20, 2014.

1. MacTech

MacTech Chillin' With My Peeps

I've noticed something very interesting about my backyard pastured eggs, I'm SURE this is coincidental and/or confirmation bias, but the facts don't lie

On Nov. 11 I ended up badly spraining my left ankle (inversion sprain where the foot rolls to the inside), I felt a "crunch" and was worried I had fractured it...

I could still walk on it, and had full range of motion, albeit with significant pain, so it wasn't a fracture, it was bad enough that I took the next day off of work sick, and I never call in sick...

While I was researching sprain care, I read somewhere that eggs have anti-inflammatory properties, in addition to the protein and other good stuff, I ,also figured the extra protein would help with repairing the damage and cellular reconstruction, so I added my eggs to my daily food intake, it was the ONLY change I made food-wise

On the 13th, I was able to do a half day of work (also, that day, minor bruising at the injury site was observed)

On the 15th, limping was dramatically reduced,,and I was able to ascend stairs a full step at a time, descending was still half steps

On the 17th, bruising began to fade, and I could descend halfway down the stairs a full,step at a time

On the 19th, bruising has essentially gone, limping is nearly gone, staircase navigation is full step both ways

Today, I'm down to a dull ache, and I was actually able to fold my left leg and sit on it on my office chair with no pain....

I'm almost back to 100% in about 10 days, and all I did was add home pastured eggs to my diet....

I've sprained this ankle before, and it took 3 times longer to get to where I am now, mobility and pain wise, and I was a lot younger and more resilient then

I'm probably reading more into it than i,should, but I've NEVER healed this quickly from a sprain this bad...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by