This is so cool, Emus!!

revelu

Songster
11 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Midland, MI
I have 2 Emu eggs in the incubator and at least one of them is definitely rocking and I can hear the baby pecking at the shell-- so excited and nervous I'm not sure what to do-- the eggs are in an r-com 20 right now but I will have to move them into a makeshift cardboard box hatcher/brooder-- I think that will wait til the shell is pipped-- January 26 is pencilled in as the target hatch date so it will be any time now-- if I'm thinking clearly the camera will be ready!
wish us lots of luck!!! these eggs went through a power failure at the beginning of the month so it was touch and go to see if either of them survived-- we got a generator hooked up but didn't know the power was off til we woke up in the morning--- keep fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed for us!!
Vicki in Michigan

I got these eggs from ebay as an experiment, but my next eggs, as soon as these hatch-- will be from my neighbor across the street who raises rheas and emus-- at a great neighborly price! ;0)

That's exciting! Especially when you can see movement in the eggs and hear the chicks.

My male, Enoch, began sitting on his nest on 12/29 so I have a way to go before we see if we have chicks this year.

Keep us updated... and pics, lots of pics! Emu chicks are SO cute!

oh! very cool! i just received 4 eggs (3 intact, 1 scrambled) this will be my first attemt at emus. i'm throwing myself on your mercy.......how about sharing your experience so this total novice won't mess up too badly!

WOW!!! Thats awesome!! I am sooooo happy for you and your Emu's. I didn't know we could put those in the bator. There were some here locally on Craigslist, may have to give it a try after I see your pics.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Back
Top Bottom