This is so NOT funny!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I bought another nestbox for the baby coop last night. Because I have two broodies in there, one hogging the favored nestbox, another box was a necessity.
I was just out checking on things in that coop and my heart stopped when I saw Ellie Mae, one of my two silkies, laid flat out in a nestbox. I thought she was dead!
th.gif

Got down on my hands and knees and touched her gently, calling her name. She's not dead.

She's broody.
barnie.gif

Gonna stop buying nestboxes. I think it causes broodiness.
he.gif

I'll be glad to take her off your hands. I have 18 hens, and none of them are a bleeding bit broody, even the broody strains I have aren't in the least bit interested...
pop.gif

Wasn't there a time when you were hoping for a broody? Be careful what you wish for!
gig.gif

Quote:
I do believe you were broody challenged. And, in a way, you still are.
lol.png

I had 12 out of 24 (at one time) broody last spring. I had cardboard boxes to take the over flow.

hormones, humph.
it'll be alright, but what are you going to do with that new incubator you've got? It seems superfluous now.

Quote:
I do believe you were broody challenged. And, in a way, you still are.
lol.png

I had 12 out of 24 (at one time) broody last spring. I had cardboard boxes to take the over flow.

hormones, humph.
it'll be alright, but what are you going to do with that new incubator you've got? It seems superfluous now.

No, I've got eggs in it too!!
hit.gif

Quote:
Shoot, I thought you didn't want a broody? C'mon back and I'll sell you a trio of my "older" white leghorn/giant girls. Every single darn one went broody last year. ALL OF THEM. And when they aren't broody, they lay like MACHINES.

I'm sure you have stuff lying around your house that could be used as nest boxes... So stop letting those crafty nest box salesmen swindle you!!
5 Gallon buckets, old wooden boxes, milk crates, etc.
For my coop we used two old apple crates from an orchard up the street. They are rather charming, and the girls like them
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom