This is Stubbs again!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sarahloveschickens, Jan 31, 2009.

1. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Alright... so i have a 6 month old RIR which was shipped to us from mcmurray with a broken leg... Well we had him in the coop and all the other chickens would peck at his leg and bully him all the time so we bought him inside and he is now a house chicken..

My dad built him a box to live in and he loves taking dust baths in it

This chicken ( which we named Stubbs ) loves my dad... Stubbs thinks that my dad is his daddy.. He purrs all the time like a cat but deeper!!! How weird is that?

Every time my dad wants to hold him Stubbs hops on over right into my dads lap everyday! And my dad would play his game and the Stubbs would get so mad that my dad wasnt petting him ( lol when he pets his neck he streched it all the way out and falls asleep ) that he would peck my dads arm or the controller until he did!! He always like to hide under my dads arm pit also.. We have no idea why, but he is adorable lol

He just recently started crowing and its so cute he like hicups at the end of his funny crow [​IMG]

This is him as a baby..
    [​IMG]

And this is him now.. What a difference!
    [​IMG]

And heres his poor broken foot.. haha we painted his toes with nailpolish [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    Stubbs is beautiful!!!!

3. sarahloveschickens

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:haha thanks i will tell him you said so!! [​IMG]

4. noriko

noriko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    N E Pennsylvania
    Sarah. Put a diaper on him [​IMG] I'm pretty sure he loves you guys. There is no way John's gonna say OK with a house chicken....I'd like to have a house chicken, though ..... (dont tell John!) [​IMG]

5. sarahloveschickens

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Haha we do have a diaper for him actually [​IMG]

6. noriko

noriko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    N E Pennsylvania
    hahahaha~~~! That's must be cute!!! I love the chicken diaper! [​IMG] I try to get rid of my youngest daughter's diaper, though. (potty training!) [​IMG]

Quote:Haha we do have a diaper for him actually [​IMG]

7. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Aww, poor baby! That is so sweet of you to nurse him back to health.
    I always wondered what could be done about a broken leg. I guess nothing, huh? I don't think any vet would fix a chick leg [​IMG]

8. sarahloveschickens

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I called a vet 3 days after we got him and they wanted $100.00 just to look at stubbs. He was only 4 days old then. My dogs vet said nothing could be done other than bandage it and keep it clean. Thats what we did. He's fine now just hops around on one foot. He balances heself by hanging his wing down to the ground. Who said chickens aren't smart? [​IMG]

9. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Aww! You have to post a picture of that.
    Have you heard the story of the dog named Hope (I think it is) She was born without front legs and instead of putting her down like everyone told them to, the owners encouraged and stimulated her and she learned to hop around on her back legs! She was even on Oprah [​IMG] I cried.

10. sarahloveschickens

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Yeah i saw that! Soo sad but that dog was adorable!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by