1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

This is supposed to be an Easter Egger

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ErikaSmit, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ErikaSmit

ErikaSmit Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Schererville, IN
    I haven't seen one so light colored, is this actually an EE?
    [​IMG]

2. Caheen

Caheen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2011
    Michigan
    I have seen white ones! [​IMG]

3. Rockin' Reds

Rockin' Reds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Penrose, Colorado
    Aww...cute. I raised a little EE that looked just like that when she was a chick. She is 25 weeks now and is a gorgeous pure white. It was really cool watching her change colors.

4. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    Quote:For some reason I couldn't see your image, but here is one of our EE who is 22 weeks today. Her name is Stella, and I think she is one of our most beautiful girls.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  5. flocksalot

flocksalot Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Poynette WI
    One of ours looked just like that.....very yellow......she is now a beautiful buff with white tips to her wings at ten weeks old. Can't wait to see what she molts out to finally be.

6. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    If you define an EE as a chicken that could have the blue egg gene and could lay blue or green eggs, they can be any color, shape, or size. Their legs can be any color. They tend to have pea combs, but that is not a requirement.

Certain hatcheries have tendencies with their EE's. If you mention where you got it, people that got EE's from there can tell you what the tendencies of that hatchery's EE's are. But I don't see anything there that says that is or is not an EE.

Sometimes patterns show up in the plumage even from chicks with yellow down. I've been surprised by how some of my yellow chicks have feathered out. To me, that is part of the fun of mixes. And EE's are mixes.

7. TBJumper0514

TBJumper0514 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Quote:For some reason I couldn't see your image, but here is one of our EE who is 22 weeks today. Her name is Stella, and I think she is one of our most beautiful girls.
    http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2263/dscn1084837.jpg

Wow, beautiful girl! I love her color and pattern!

8. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2263/dscn1084837.jpg

AAAAAAAHHHH I WANT HER SOOOOO PRETTYYYYFUUULLL

9. ErikaSmit

ErikaSmit Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Schererville, IN
    [​IMG]

Here she is more recent. about 3 1/2 weeks old.

10. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by