This is the chicken our son came home with

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ohsosleepy1, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ohsosleepy1

ohsosleepy1 New Egg

Jun 14, 2011
    Can someone please help us identify the type and gender of our chicken, he is approximately 4 weeks old!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you!!!

2. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    I'm going to guess Buttercup.

3. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    My 1st guess is she is a glw [​IMG] but others with more experience will come along & venture a quess. I am still real new to breeds.

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    campine

5. LostMindPleaseFind

LostMindPleaseFind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    [​IMG] Know nuthin' about nuttin, however i own 4 Easter Eggers and that looks like my one pullet Taffy. Good luck and have fun!!

6. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    I think you have a girl. Could be EE, not sure but she is pretty.

7. Barrdwing

Barrdwing Chillin' With My Peeps

Is that comb sort of V-shaped? Could be Buttercup. I've seen markings like those on Easter Eggers, too, but they almost always have pea combs. Both breeds have the green legs. I'll go a little further out on a limb and say that if it's a Buttercup, it's very likely a pullet, because of the markings.

8. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    im not 100% by any means but it looks to be a golden campine. (havent raised them so idk what a juvie looks like.) if not a GC then i think buttercup

9. Flannery Eau

Flannery Eau Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2010
    St Louis
    I would say Easter Egger. There are practically no pure breeds that have green legs - none that are common, anyway. I have a seen a lot of EEs that look like that. The comb will be telling, a Sicilian Buttercup has a comb like no other - I can't tell from the picture if the comb looks like a buttercup. If it is small and flat it is almost certainly EE!

10. phy

phy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2011
    Definitely a pullet, and the green legs suggest an Easter Egger. Her feathers look like a Campine's though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by