1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

This is the funiest thing I have seen in a long long time!!!! (Long)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bec, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

For us here on the east coast, we are feeling the effects from Tropical Storm Hanna. So as it is pouring and the wind is whipping, I looked out side and noticed that one of the barn doors had slammed shut, the horses weren't in, so I wanted it open for them to have the option to go in if they wanted. So the good mommy that I am, in this rain and wind, I went out and opened it up. The wind kept slamming it shut. So I figured I had better put a stake in the ground to keep it from slamming again. I tried hammering it into the ground with a body brush..no luck..lol..so I went up to the yard and grabbed an ax out of the shed. I used the ax to drive the wooden stake down into the ground so that the door would stay open. Meanwhile I am drenched, but it was kind of refreshing..a nice warm rain. So as I make my way back up to the house I hear these giggles coming from the window..there was DH and DD laughing at me because I was so wet. So I stood out side of the window and decided to carry on a conversation with them, my 4 year old laughing the whole time. My husband then asked..What is Tj doing??(My oldest VERY spoiled horse) So I look back and see Tj walking backward out to the front field where the other 2 were!!!!! [​IMG] He didn't want the rain in his face, so he decided that if he walked backward, the rain would hit his butt and he could go out with the others!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It was the funniest sight to see him walking backward up the side of the house to go out front with Pal and Heather!!!!

I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe...LOL....

2. Alexis

Alexis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    OOOHMYGOODNESS... that is SO funny! [​IMG]
    Thanks for sharing your adventures!

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Now that I would like to see!!!!

Also you pounding a stake in with a body brush? [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Bec

Oh and I forgot to mention that I was in a wrap towel with lime green stars on it and tall pink striped rubber boots....not that's a sight!!!

The body brush didn't work to well!!!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Well, you can wear what you want in the country. I can see it now in my minds eye! [​IMG]

6. Bec

The horses don't care what I wear....or maybe that's why Tj was walking backward...he didn't want to see me!! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by