This is too cute not to share

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by jbeal9, Jul 12, 2010.

1. jbeal9

jbeal9 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2009
    My 7 year old's Face Book status this morning:
    how to butr chikins: u cut there spines so they cant feel anything an then they die and then u put them in hot water so that there feathers come off easyer anthen u pull the feathers and then u pull the guts out of them and then u spray them with a hose and then u eat them.

Well, it doesn't get any easier than that!

2. ben&momschicks

ben&momschicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    [​IMG] Child services will be knocking on your door unless the page is private. Second will be animal rights or maybe they'll be first.
    At any rate, it is cute. My 15 y.o. did a "how to" speech on butchering a chicken and was told he was mean by another student. They need to know where the food actually comes from.
    Karen

3. jbeal9

Aug 17, 2009
    Yeah, the girls got the same response from thier friends. I told them to ask them where they think chicken nuggets come from. (idk..maybe we don't want to know where chicken nuggets come from![​IMG]) Anyway, we went through the drama of "Girls, it's time to 'process' the meat chickens."... crying...begging.. to "eew... that's gross!" and then acceptance and "can I help?"

4. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Quote:very cute, tell him/her good job!

5. jbeal9

Aug 17, 2009
    I told them they are on their way toward earning the 'pioneer woman award'! What's next... let's see... log cabin building? Bear skinning? [​IMG]

6. eKo_birdies

eKo_birdies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    7 year olds have facebook????? [​IMG]

7. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Quote:at that age mine wanted to hunt a deer and make a jacket out of it lol!

8. helloroe

helloroe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2009
    Cetral FL
    My 15 year old daughter raised meaties for an AG business project, Presented her project with photos in a powerpoint with a warning graphic photos. I need not worry about her dating any time soon as the boys all saw photos of her handling a boning knife. Doubt anyone will pick on her either. Best thing I could hope for to have happened at school.

9. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Quote:Priceless. [​IMG]

Jenny

10. dancingbear

dancingbear Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    South Central KY
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I love it! Plus, knowing she didn't flinch at butchering....

Guys who want to hang around her anyway, who admire her skills and independence, just might prove to be the kind you'd like her to have around!

When I was younger, I worked in a restaurant kitchen and did a lot of chopping and slicing, etc., with some pretty big knives. Guys who saw me do that, definitely thought twice about giving me any grief. Funny how a little skill with sharp objects can affect a gal's social life.

Of course, anybody who cooks much knows how to handle a knife, odd how people don't realize that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by