This is what happens... We have peepers!

Pics

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
When you follow @Texas Kiki balut thread and ask your local butcher about those free range duck eggs...

Future Khaki Campbell duck mom here :frow And no, they are not balut, but according to his supplier they are fertile and as you can see from the box, carefully selected for "hatch".

Attachments

• IMG_20190330_134331.jpg
    IMG_20190330_134331.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20190330_134248.jpg
    IMG_20190330_134248.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 99
Where they refrigerated?
I don't think so. They were cool to the touch when I got them, but not fridge cold. The butcher told his supplier that I am interested in eggs for hatching, so she told him she'll bring me some unwashed eggs today. Which tells me she does know a bit about pre-incubating egg care. I really hope something will come off this hatch. DS is beside himself with excitement :) He LOVES ducklings.

I don't think so. They were cool to the touch when I got them, but not fridge cold. The butcher told his supplier that I am interested in eggs for hatching, so she told him she'll bring me some unwashed eggs today. Which tells me she does know a bit about pre-incubating egg care. I really hope something will come off this hatch. DS is beside himself with excitement :) He LOVES ducklings.
Your very own Street Food.
I'm so excited too. Ducks are the cutest thing ever.

When you follow @Texas Kiki balut thread and ask your local butcher about those free range duck eggs...

Future Khaki Campbell duck mom here :frow And no, they are not balut, but according to his supplier they are fertile and as you can see from the box, carefully selected for "hatch".

:gig

Kiki is infecting everyone:lol:

Excited for you and DS can’t wait to see the littles!!
Thanks! :) I'm exited too. This is going to be a long 4 weeks! I'd like to say I was a pushover, but I've wanted to hatch ducklings for years now, so with a bit of "help" from Kiki and the butcher... Here goes!

Back
Top Bottom