This is why people raise illegal chickens.

chickendude

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 4, 2009
Dutchess County NY
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20100516/NEWS01/5160349/-1/comm/Family-seeks-permit-for-pet-chickens
This
is a link to a local article about a family having a hard time from a neighbor that does not want them to have chickens. Any comments?
smile.png

I'm always on the side of the chickens ...illegal or not...
tongue.png

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like they can have chickens.

They would be better off having new ordinances made rather than trying to become, "the exception" to the law.

I lived in my now ex-boyfriends' house in a town in Massachusetts where I KNEW chickens would not be welcomed. I didn't even check zoning laws, I just knew the neighbors would throw a fit, so I didn't do it. Once we broke up, it was the perfect excuse to move to rural New Hampshire where everyone around here has geese, chickens, goats, etc.

As much as I love chickens, not everyone agrees. Some towns have ordinances, and it's up to me whether to live in that town or not.

If I were thiem I would move where I could have them.I won't even LOOK at a house if I can't have chickens.

I raise black-market chickens. Sometimes I talk on the cell phone, when I drive and the tint on my car is 5% too dark.

Why do I do these things? Because girls dig bad boys.
cool.png

I will have everyoe know that I STAND FIRMLY AGAINST ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES regardless of whether or not they involve chickens. But remember......

It's only illegal if you get caught
wink.png

I say fight the law I am legal right now I can own up to 15 chickens with a rooster, so I am legal but I am thinking of sneaking a few more chickens in heck some of mine my kids can't even tell apart
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom