THIS is why she's my favorite...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MontanaDolphin, Mar 21, 2013.

1. MontanaDolphin

MontanaDolphin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2013
    Columbia, Virginia
    None of my other chicks will sleep on me, unless I force them too (by not letting them get up and move...so they give up and sleep). But as soon as I pick Athena up and put her on my chest (on a towel of course...don't want any chicky poop on me!), she finds a spot where she's comfy, wiggles her butt down and falls asleep. This is why she's my favorite, and this is how I fell in love with a bird. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bellatrixed

Bellatrixed Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2013
    Awww, that picture is so sweet! I love barred rocks. I have 1 friendly BR girl myself and 5 more BR pullets coming next month. [​IMG] The BR I have now is one of the most outgoing of the 22 chicks I have.

3. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I have 13 babies that are all 1 1/2 to 2 weeks old. I just put them all in a dark box with a silky mom for the first time and they all crawled under and went to sleep.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. aggiemae

aggiemae Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    Salem Oregon
    That's amazing! I couldn't get our RIR to care for her own chicks!

5. MontanaDolphin

MontanaDolphin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2013
    Columbia, Virginia
    I don't have any other chickens...this is my first time...I guess that's why I'm so awed by them...I never thought I could get attached to a chicken like I have to Athena. She's such a lovable girl! I'll have to remember you putting your babies under a hen, gimmie birdies...that may come in handy in the future!

6. Chambertin

Chambertin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    Funabashi Japan
    My Coop
    Some chickens just take to their owners.
    Here's my roo on a rare night when he was let in the house. Jumped right up on my shoulder just like when he was a chick.
    (wife added the stuffed cutie for extra embarassment, hence the excellent photoshop job)
    Best part is he makes really cute babies, picture also included.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. CruchyJeepMama

CruchyJeepMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    Eastern North Carolina
    So sweet!

8. CedarAcres

CedarAcres Sunny Side Up

Mar 18, 2013
    Connecticut
    My Coop
    That is so adorable!

9. PrairieChickens

PrairieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    lol It's a neat feeling when you have your first real bonding experience with a chicken. For me, it was when Chicky Gaga would race towards me and jump into my hands when she was a little downy chick. Now that she's all grown up, she follows me around the yard like a dog. It's great. <3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by