1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

this isnt really a random rambling but

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sky68ou1, Nov 15, 2009.

1. sky68ou1

sky68ou1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    i know there is a egg swap BUT, what do those of us do when we have a surplus of fertile eggs and we dont want to ship them out for fear of something happening. (IE. getting lost en route, breakage, stolen, etc) . is there any local swaps that people in this predicament could have? i know here very soon i am gonna have a huge surplus of not only eggs but chicks too. i would love to see some local action like this. maybe meet in a very public place and swap eggs in the parking lot? im sure i can get permission from a grocery store down the street from me to do this! shoot the manager of it has his own chickens! i would love to have some input on this from everyone!

MODs and ADMINs i do apologize if this is in the wrong forum or if this has been asked before or if its not allowed.

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I used to post my fertile eggs on Craigslist for local people.

You ought to give shipping a try - maybe offer testing eggs to get feedback on your packaging methods. It's not that hard to do properly and once you try it a few times, it's really easy!

3. sky68ou1

sky68ou1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    i dont much like craigslist here. i am a member of a local chicken group here as well. i know alot of those members would love to do this. maybe as i learn more how to candle better in the first few days i would try shipping some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by