1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

This just sucks!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by missusduray, Jul 12, 2007.

1. missusduray

missusduray Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    One of our posters and my friend Judymae is currently at home suffering from food poisoning. She got it from a bad hamburger. Makes me think twice about eating out!
    Get well Judy!
    Kristyne

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] :aww oh geesh........praying she recovers fast fast . so sorry to hear.......

3. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    Oh bummer! I would wish that on my worst enemy! I avoid eating MickyD's because I get sick every time. I pray that she'll get better soon. I hope she drinks plenty of water- about 30 mins after the last vomit worked good for me other wise I would repeat the cycle.

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Today at work this girl who I was chatting with ate half of the burger till she looked at it... IT WAS RARE! I work at burger kiing "temporary job". I asked terry "he is a closer" if its common. He said its very uncommon and it only happens once in a while.

I hope your friend gets well

5. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Oh, man.......been there, done that. (Macaroni salad from the deli at the grocery store) I hope she's on the mend soon.

6. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Oh, I am so sorry!!!! Judymae, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Please keep us updated.

jackie

7. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Judymae, best wishes to feel better fast [​IMG]

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh jeesh! Thats terrible! Hope you feel better soon! You poor thing....I would rather have the flu...UGH!

9. Yonaton

Yonaton Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2007
    West TN
    It's a rough way to be sick. I got it once when I was in the Navy...from chicken. Took almost 5 years before I could even *smell* chicken cooking without 'selling the Buick'. You have to do like you would for motion sickness...*don't let your stomach get empty*. Force yourself to eat or drink something after every time you pray to the porcelain god, or else you end up dry heaving and pay even more for that later with stomach cramps, muscle cramps, sore throat, etc.

10. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Sorry to hear about the food poisoning, JudyMae! Hang in there; this too shall pass! [​IMG]

Ellen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by