This Kid Loves School

MayberrySaint

Chillin' Out
12 Years
Mar 7, 2007
Mount Airy, NC
Poor boy...he really wanted to get to school...
lol.png

http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/4254136/

Why was his mother still in bed at 7.40am...when he was obviously up, dressed and trying to get to the school bus? and not forgetting this child is only 6 years old.......now theres a question needs answering....

"Ford Taurus".
Regardless of the speed he was going when he crashed, it's probably totalled.

Yes, there are questions a-plenty to be answered about this one.

OMG! I STILL watch my kids at the bus stop and they're 18 and 10 - and the bus stop is the end of my driveway for pete's sake! Before we moved here - I walked my son to and from school (only 6 houses up from us) each and every day while other kids his age (and younger) walked home alone. Even though I could stand on our porch and see him from the school, I still went up and got him each day. DD's bus stop was 1 street over and on the corner then - out of my site - so she had to call from her cell phone every morning to let me know she was on the bus. I also know to a "T" what time the bus came home and even now - if that bus is more than 15 mins late - I'm calling the Transportation Dept asking what is the hold up with the buses. My KIDS are on that bus...and I want to ensure they are safe.

I dont get some parents these days...
hu.gif
what is wrong with them?!

Well, I haven't seen the video, I can't here at school but from the comments like what was mom doing in bed I have to say something. Now as a teacher I see all kinds of things that just blow my mind, like yesterday we came back to work but the students not until tomorrow. We had parents zooming into the lot dropping kids and taking off yesterday and today. This happens every time so we make sure and open only one gate so they can't escape out the other end of the lot before we can catch them and then we stand at the door watching for awhile anyway. Some of these critters have gotten smart and kick the kid out at the gate instead of pulling up to the front of the building, they turn around first so they can get pull away fast. Sometimes I'm surprised they even stop long enough to let their child out and don't just toss him out the window with a backpack to follow. These don't care if school is in or not, there are live bodies here and they feel we can babysit while we are in meetings and getting our rooms ready for the students.

On the other hand there are kids like my son Steven, who feels just because the school is open he should be there. We have been on a continuous calendar for several years and at the end of the three week intersession the teachers go back 3 days before the kids do. When Steven was in 2nd grade, right before I took him out to homeschool him, he decided he wanted to go to school the day the teachers went back. He never mentioned this to me! I wasn't teaching then, I worked in Las Cruces with DD adults and I always took the last week he was out off to be with him. We usually slept in until about 7:30, then I'd get up, start breakfast, then get him up. This particular morning he got up at 6am, got dressed, and let himself out of the back door because it was far away from my room and I couldn't hear it. He was walking down the road at about 6:45 when a local deputy saw him and pulled over, I'm so lucky he knew us. Steven flat out told him he snuck out on me, because he wanted to go to school and I had told him no it wasn't time yet. The officer brought him home, he had already called me and woke me up, and Steven and I had a "Come to Jesus" meeting in the front yard with the deputy. The danger he put himself in, the position he put me in, and just not a good thing all around. I put deadbolts towards the tops of the doors because of this, it took him about 2 hours of staring at it to figure out he'd have to stand on something to get to them. Then he figured he needed a key, I hid those. My darling child next time, opened his bedroom window, took out the screen, and went out that way.
So like said I haven't seen the video, but things happen sometimes that you just can't blame mom for. Sometimes you can though.
Ok, go ahead, I'm ready.

OMG parents DO that? Just drop their kids off and leave? I'd be having a parent-teacher-principal conference immediately and then call in Social Services if needed - thats just not right! If you dont want children or they are a bother to you - then let someone else raise them that DOES want kids. OMG...I'm horrified!

WOW - kids can be tricky little things cant they?
wink.png
My DD loved school so much when she was in elementary that she'd cry when Easter and Christmas break came around.
smile.png
We tried to explain it was "time for her to relax and enjoy away from school and classwork" but it did no good - she would say "but I LOVE doing school work Mommmmm."

Our solution - we purchased school workbooks for her to work thru holiday breaks
roll.png
. Dont ask me... she's a weirdo LOL
lau.gif
but it worked...
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom