This Little Chicken

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MustBeeKiddin, Nov 18, 2015.

1. MustBeeKiddin

MustBeeKiddin New Egg

Oct 6, 2015
    This little chicken is the only one hatched from a dozen "Ameraucana" eggs. I put "Ameraucana" in quotes, because I don't want to say for sure that is what she is as there is always the possibility she might be an easter egger. If she is an Ameraucana I'm not positive what type of Ameraucana she might be. I also cannot remember what the hen and rooster were that she came from. I've been reading the Amerauacana standard of perfection and the big, long thread on here, and am still unsure as to what exactly she might be when she grows up.

She's has the beard, the red breast is coming along, and her legs are slate (tops and bottoms). I'm including a few pictures and hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    She's an Easter Egger. She's too dark to be wheaten, and she's not quite right for buff. When you buy Ameraucana eggs from an actual breeder that knows the breed standard, they will always tell you what color variety you will be getting. If no color is specified, they are Easter Eggers.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Easter egger - very pretty and floofy

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012