This little girl is mean as SNOT!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by silkhope, Jan 8, 2008.

1. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    I think she forgot she was a silkie... she is first to approach me in the pen, then she follows me around pecking my feet, my pants, flying up at me like a rooster trying to spur anytime I take a step, she is CRAZY. I pick her up, walk around with her and she's fine, but on the ground she is after me big time... what's up with that? I love her, she is my favorite from the hatch in August, because she's really a runt and much smaller then the others, but I want to give her the boot sometimes!

[​IMG]

2. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    LOL, is that the one your bringing to me? lol, just kidding, it'd be my luck to get an evil chicken.

3. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Quote:Maybe that's what she wants! Could be she's spoiled, so when you aren't doting on her she acts like a brat till you do.

4. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    I think CovenantCreek is right on with their opinion - she's spoiled!

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    No, I think she's a Silkie who failed the Silkie Disguise the Evilness Boot Camp. She'll be called back to the mother ship before too long.

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Sounds spoiled. If you don't want to carry her around all the time you need to teach her different.

7. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    No Coty Jo, she's the only one I'm keeping from that batch since she's my favorite and all [​IMG]

I didn't start picking her up and carrying her around until she started this behavior, but maybe I just encouraged it. I swear, it's like raising children...

How shall I break her? Whips? Chains? Manual labor?? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    The Gulag is the only place for "outed" Silkies.

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

What a CUTE little spoiled bratt!! I say....20 lashes with a wet noodle....if she doesnt eat it first!

10. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Is she about to lay? Sorry.. not sure on her age, but my girls ALL got this horrid attitude a few weeks before they started. Not quite as bad as yours [​IMG] but one nasty girl was on her way OUT after she pecked my ring and drew blood. My favorite girl pecked ME because we were holding her and she was annoyed. They were also driving each other crazy!

These days, now that they lay, they stick to pecking snow off my boots [​IMG]

She is adorable.. that would be like having a cute stuffed TEDDY BEAR try to eat your face...

Meghan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by