This PC Movement is Getting Ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldtopper

Songster
9 Years
Oct 15, 2010
Near Bert Blyleven
I took my son for his ACT test today. It was 31f , so he wore his hat. We waited in line for a bit. It was at a different school than his and the line was very uh, diverse.
3 girls in front of us were wearing burqas- the islamic head to toe deal. We stepped up and the lady asked his name, found it on the list and asked for his ID. He showed her and she demanded "take off your hat so I know you are who you say you are". My son dutifully complied. I said to the lady "why is it that he had to remove his hat, yet you let the three girls in front of us wearing burqas go through without question?"
She looks at me sourly and says "NEXT".
I am growing tired of getting bent over to allow, even promote other culture's customs often at the expense of our own.
In any country where this is customary dress, Americans wouldn't dare pull this crap!

Try moving to a country and demanding that country give you a job, tax free for x amount of years, and give you retirement, financial aid, free medical care, etc, and demand that they supply everything in your english native language, that you should be free to worship as you please, fly whatever flag you wish outside of your home, and yes, you can freely bash the country giving you all of this. See how far that goes! We must be a joke to many countries.

I always thought in this country it was customary for a gentleman to remove his hat when he came inside without having to be told--unless of course he was Jewish. While it may be showing my age, I'm sick of seeing males, who should know better, wearing greasy ball caps inside restaurants, churches, meetings, classrooms, etc. They don't even seem to have enough respect to remove them for the Nation Anthem. I kinda hope their scalps rot.

Quote:
You're sick to death of something that provides for the tolerance and peace of mind for another to express themselves however they wish without fear of persecution?

Last edited:
Quote:
You mean kinda like the natives of this land had to do when our ancestors arrived and imposed their European mindset, ways, and customs on the people who had this land before our ancestors helped themselves to it?

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Last edited:
Quote:
My son has Autism. Social cues aren't easily recognized, and in the big picture, instructing him to take his winter hat off 50 feet inside of a building is something not super high on my priority list.

Quote:
You mean kinda like the natives of this land had to do when our ancestors arrived?

Countries have changed hands since time began. Does that make it right? Maybe, maybe not.
It's only because it's recent history that anyone gives a rip. Perhaps we should kick any descendents of the Anglo Saxons out of the UK? Afterall, they displaced and murdered the original Celtic inhabitants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom