This place is awful

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by addicted2chicks, Apr 1, 2009.

1. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    I think I have a serious problem. I got my 104 chicks yesterday 26 BO, 26 RIR, 26 BR and 26 Isa's. Next week I get our 20 guineas. That's ALOT of chicks. Everyone posting pictures here makes me want to get more. This addiction HAS to stop [​IMG] . I know our TSC is getting chicks in the next couple of days. That is what they told me anyways, but I think I need to stay clear from there for the next month at least. I even asked at our feed store today if they get chicks in, thank goodness she said no. I am not sure I could resist the temptation to bring in more chicks. I want silkies and old english bantams and I am sure there is more. I really need to hold back.
    Is there a pill?

**slowly stands up** My name is Robyn and I am addicted to chicks. [​IMG]**sits back down**

2. jonesgirl

jonesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Nevada
    haha GOOD LUCK!!! Maybe you should take a step back... HOLD the phone :}

haha [​IMG]

3. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    There is currently no cure for this affliction. It is a terrible thing, but you're in good company on this site - we all have the same disease.

I know less than 0 about silkies but I happened to see a couple in the chick bin at Atwoods a couple of days ago and now I can't stop thinking about them. We're addicted to ChickCrack!

4. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Just so you know, the disclaimer for this site is in such fine print... you will probably never find it. [​IMG] Glad to have helped a fellow BYCer feed the addiction... muwahhahahaha!!!! [​IMG]

5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    A lot of enablers on this site! You should definately get some Silkies and OEGs - Ideal has a lovely selection...

6. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    send a flyer to all the store around you that sell chicks in the year, with your name a picture on it expressing DO NOT SELL ME CHICKS, I HAVE A PROBLEM BECAUSE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!! lol, i'll bet the cashier that helps you get your next 'fix' would wish that they made commission!! lmao good luck with resisting!! we are already talking about ordering some breed specific, instead of the TSC random pics. but I am doing my best to hold off at least a month or so

7. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Could someone please explain to my DH that this IS a disease and that I have absolutely no control?

8. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. nerfy

nerfy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    I have incognito hens. I started with 2..now I have 6. Town ordinance allows none. I had a bantam rooster for 8 years. I'm addicted to chickens. I can't wait to move down to our farm where I can have as many as I want! I see all the pics of lil fuzzybuts and have to remain in control of myself...yes this sight is evil......[​IMG]

10. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Wow, that's alot of chicks!!! You definately have chick fever...hahahaha. I have silkies and OEG. T-bone my old english game likes to be petted and perch on me:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by