This Plus This Equals ??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SouthernBYChickens, Mar 19, 2012.

1. SouthernBYChickens

SouthernBYChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    Alabama
    Okay. I know this has probably been discussed to death on this forum, but I don't have the patience to go back and research it. So, if you don't mind helping me out with this, I would appreciate it. Here is the deal, in November we received 5 RIRs, 4 GLW, 4 SLW, 3 Delawares, and 2 Dom chicks. They were "supposed" to be all hens. Over the past few weeks, we've been suspicious of one of the GLW. Guess what - today, she/he cranked out his first cock-a-doodle-doo. We are tickled to death he ended up being a rooster. Now, on to my question. When the GLW rooster dates the other breeds (RIR, SLW, Delaware, Doms), what would we end up possibly getting breed-wise from each date when the broody hen hatches them out? Thanks so much for your input!!! [​IMG]

2. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    Mutts. Hopefully pretty ones. :) I have a whole coopful of mutt chicks right now. Some are exceptionally pretty, some aren't... I'd be interested to see a GLW/dom chicken.
    How funny that you got a surprise rooster!

3. SouthernBYChickens

SouthernBYChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    Alabama
    And the funny thing is the surprise rooster is the prettiest one of all 18 chickens. He is a beaut!!!

4. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    Ooh! goody! Pretty roos make for pretty babies. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by