This REALLY made me cry...a GOOD cry

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by justusnak, Jul 4, 2008.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  2. That was wonderful. [​IMG] [​IMG] GOD BLESS AMERICA! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

That was beautiful...
    Ernie was like why am I hearing Battle Hymn? And I gave him the story and he's like it's not from a Southern School...I would guess not...
    The hair on the back of my neck went up and I got a really big lump in my throat...I sang Battle Hymn of the Republic at West Point with my High School special choir.

4. truckerswife

truckerswife Songster

Aug 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    Thank you for sharing. Yes, may God continue to Bless America and continue to be merciful upon us.

I did ok viewing this, until I saw our soldiers. Then, I needed the kleenex! May God Bless them and bring them home when their job is done.

Happy Independence Day..we certainly have a reason to celebrate.

5. FlockEweFarm

FlockEweFarm Songster

Jun 11, 2008
    Flagstaff,AZ
    It has been years since I heard that song. I grew up in East Texas, and it was part in parcel of my youth, yet, my AZ raised son had never heard it....where have I gone wrong? [​IMG] Thank you for the reminder of what this day is about, and for a lesson for my son.

6. Ericasl

Ericasl Songster

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    That was so awsome I love to hear that song. It makes me proud to be an American and the wife of a soilder.

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

That was great! Believe it or not, I was privileged to sing this exact arrangement for a Fourth of July concert about ten years ago. It is a very moving song and arrangement, even for those performing it. I like the pics in the video too. Wonderful job!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: