This should probably be in the Social Side, but....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sherry, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    there are more topics and responses here and I wanted to make sure more people saw it.

I just wanted to say Thanks! Most of my friends are city dwellers and think all chickens and eggs come from the grocery store.[​IMG]

Friends and family are all caught up with their own lives and "politely" listen to me about my chickens. BUT YOU GUYS seem to be always interested and I just wanted to say thanks for all the advice and support.

Thank you.

2. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    That's why they're here! [​IMG] I too am so grateful that I found this site.
    My friends eyes glaze over when I start rambling about my chickens!!! [​IMG] I'm sure that will stop when they start getting free eggs!! [​IMG]

3. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    mudhen wrote
    My friends eyes glaze over when I start rambling about my chickens!!!

I have this problem too. Its funny, its like you either love chickens or eggs come from the store. Whats a chicken? Non chick people don't get it. Oh well their loss.​

4. jmantoo1

jmantoo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    yes if you dont love chickens then you have no clue my nephew is like that with horses you should see us together one talking about chickens and the other horses:jumpy

5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I know exactly what you all are talking about!! There is that certain...shall I say, lack of gleam that comes into someone's eyes when you start talking about your chickens? Yes, this is a wonderful thread to say we appreciate each other and sure do understand the thrill of pictures of new chicks. [​IMG]

6. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

It's sort of like, Oh crud, here she goes again...
    I showed one of the girls at work a short video I did of Obelisk and Penny dustbathing with my digital camera, and she was like, "Only you, Brenda, only you."[​IMG]

7. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    I too appreciate all of this. It is a great place to visit.

8. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by