This Site is SOOOOO Bad for ME!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AWChickens, Jan 5, 2009.

1. AWChickens

AWChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I used to be so good about only hatching once a year....then I found BYC [​IMG] I have my 3rd batch of BYC eggs in the bator now, the first 2 batches living in brooders in my garage for the winter, while my car is parked outside and must be scraped off in the morning [​IMG]

And I'm already planning another batch of BYC eggs to go with the ones about to hatch! I love you people, and your chickens...but is there any hope I'll ever be able to park my car in the garage again?

2. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    I am in the same boat! [​IMG] No, you probably won't get the car in the garage again, as We will never fix up the 1/2 finished bathroom in the basement. My bators and my brooder is in there, hubby wants to fix it up, put shower in etc. but it is such a nice size room for my chickies, and no one bothers me when I am down there. I keep getting eggs from here too (not a bad thing). But it is SO MUCH FUN!! Enjoy!!
    [​IMG]

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    BYC has created a hatching monster out of most of the members, lol! [​IMG] But ain't it fun?!!!

4. AWChickens

AWChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    So fun! The eggs I'm waiting on now are from TheFarmersWife and no week moves as slowly as the third one before hatch [​IMG]

5. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Quote:We converted our 3rd stall in the garage into the non winter hardy coop for all of 13 bantams, if the temps stay this cold im gonna haul the outdoor flock in there too( never knew a chicken could fling their poo onto the ceiling before) Boy do i have my spring cleaning cut out for me but at least my babies are warm, and protected from these nasty minnesnowta winters. We haven't been able to park a car in the huge garage since we moved in. It stinks shoveling 2 ft of snow off the car, but anything for the fuzzy butts lol.

6. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Nope, you will probably never park in your garage again! Everytime my hubby thinks he is getting his back, we set the brooder up in there again! We moved the last babies outside about a week ago, and I was almost feeling the "empty nest" syndrome not having any inside to play with, but low and behold, today we had to separate our rooster (due to a cut on his comb) so the garage is alive again and we have eggs coming tonight to put in the bator! Hubby just throws his hands in the air! haha

7. candypantsyarns

candypantsyarns Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2009
    Dale, TX
    Ok, this is day 2 on the board, and you guys have me searching the net for baters, silkies and other random birds that I didn't know existed. I just nearly got way too excited to see some guy selling silkie bantam chicks for $3....and I have been searching all morning for exciting new roo that would make good eggs with my other chicks....

you guys are going to be the death of me or my funds. [​IMG] And I think I [​IMG] ya for it already

8. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    oh, I understand how this place is...I didnt. I was naive.
    I hadnt hatched in YEARS. Then I came here, with the idea that I was going to hatch ONE batch out for my brother in law. Maybe keep a couple ( [​IMG] ) for myself. illegally.

Then, THIS place happened to me...and I hatched continuously from March until October. And I just started back up again. I have no idea where I am going to keep babies until it warms up. my husband is going to divorce me when he has to share the bedroom with juvenile poop throwers during the next two months of winter.

Yet- I keep on migrating to the "hatching eggs for sale" section...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by