This story in pictures really touched me...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wynette, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Wynette

Wynette Crowing

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
  2. Thomas423

Thomas423 Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    Awwww.....how sad for the little guy. That's true love.

3. [​IMG] that is the sweetest saddest thing I think I have seen in a long time . . .poor little guy.

4. Wynette

Wynette Crowing

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    It gives me a new respect for the barn swallows that are inhabiting my barn now...I've been so annoyed with them, building their nests in the rafters. They've always done so under the lean-to before this year, and I've been leaving the barn doors open 24/7 (something I don't like to do) so they can fly in & out. I'm not going to complain any longer. [​IMG]

5. HenPen

HenPen Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    It touched me as well,poor babies...if only people would put such devotion into their relationships.....Thank you for sharing.

6. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Yes, they do know when a friend, mate is missing/gone. One of my cats is missing, presumed dead. Her daughter does nothing but cry. They are/were 13 years old, never seperated. I suspect a coyote or fisher killed Zena.

7. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Awww...that says it all...

8. Friend of Feathers

Friend of Feathers In the Brooder

May 5, 2009
    East Central, MO
    Awe! That is such a sweet, but sad story. We have, what I guess is a mated pair, of Swallows that built a nest right on the side of our house above the front door. I was going to remove it after the babies grew up, but I think I'll leave it if the same pair will continue to use it. I didn't know they paired up like that. I'm going to do more research on it. I have a new-found respect for my front door dwellers. [​IMG]

9. Heidi

Heidi Songster

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Awww... it brought tears to my eyes. Even animals love - as we could have ever doubted it before.

10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I never ever move the nests of the migratory Swifts that come here every year to mate and raise their young, I find them a delight to watch as they fly through the sky, usually trying to dive bomb me if they think I am getting to close to their nests..Love them........

Thanks for sharing Wyn . [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: