This was my LAST chance for little bitty hatchy-poos...so sad..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by littledirtlane, Jul 29, 2010.

1. littledirtlane

littledirtlane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Richlands, NC
    So - I ordered all of the eggs that I needed and dh said - no more money on chicken eggs....well, I had 13 hatch out of all 9 dozen...13, that is all - now the 13 that did hatch are beautilful little silkie babies...but this last batch was my very last chance [​IMG] I think I feel the water works coming on...

I don't know what I did wrong...I know most were air sac damage due to shipping...but these last 2 dozen developed wonderfully...I kept my temp at 100 degrees - My humidity stayed at 45% - (I like to dry hatch, I drowned my first hatchers due to humidity)...I did not open that dumb incubator unless it was muy importante...like adding water - but I keep the bators in an 85% room with 50% humidity...(I have a special room dedicated to hatching...so what did I do wrong...oh I am so sad - I had their little names picked out and everything...my little silkie fluff butts...oh well...

2. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    x

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  3. littledirtlane

littledirtlane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Richlands, NC
    Haha! I don't think they have silkie free range eggs at the grocery store - haha - that is what I am going for...but if I find some at the grocer, I will be sure to let everyone know...lol - you are too funny!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by