This was our suprise chick. Who and what am I? I have a beard and Im Polydactyl. My mom thinks I'm part silkie. Oh and I'm the Brown one.

Maybe a EE......... it could also be a Salmon Faverolles but I’m not positive because my two Salmons are more of a red and cream color while your bird is more of a brown color......🧐

Salmon Faverolle??

No Silkie traits seen in that bird, IMO.

Wait.. SEVEN toes on each foot?! usually there are 5 per foot on poly-dactyl chickens. Lets see up close photo.. and also color of skin on bottom of feet?

Which hatchery did they come from? Possibly an OE.. :pop
I'll have to count them again when I go out later. I'm may have it confused with my 7 toed cat. Lol but regardless she has extra toes on both feet. I only thought possibly silkie cross because I read that it's common in them. She came from Murray McMurray as a free suprise chick.

I just searched them and she looks exactly like them.
The one thing that isn't lining up is the comb type being pea, But I think I see points like maybe just a very small straight comb?? Can you get a good look and verify? Beard rules out Cochin.

It isn't uncommon for hatchery birds be darker or slightly different colored than each other or even sometimes pop up with an incorrect comb type.

How old?

McMurray does indeed offer Faverolle among their breeds... should be a fun bird.. (far better than Silkies)! :D
https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/salmon_faverolles.html

The one thing that isn't lining up is the comb type being pea, But I think I see points like maybe just a very small straight comb?? Can you get a good look and verify? Beard rules out Cochin.

It isn't uncommon for hatchery birds be darker or slightly different colored than each other or even sometimes pop up with an incorrect comb type.

How old?

McMurray does indeed offer Faverolle among their breeds... should be a fun bird.. (far better than Silkies)! :D
https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/salmon_faverolles.html
Her comb is slightly different but it's so tiny it's hard to tell if its more pointy or rounded. She was completely different than my dark Brahmas that she came with. Love her just the same. She does look like some other SF's that I searched. Not saying she's not mixed. Shes so sweet though. She wont even play pecking order games. She just wants to be everyone's friend .

Her comb is slightly different but it's so tiny it's hard to tell if its more pointy or rounded. She was completely different than my dark Brahmas that she came with. Love her just the same. She does look like some other SF's that I searched. Not saying she's not mixed. Shes so sweet though. She wont even play pecking order games. She just wants to be everyone's friend .
Shes 9 wks

Back
Top Bottom