This weather is ridiculous!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I can't believe how different the weather has been this year since last! They are calling for snow tonight into tomorrow. Today it is sunny but quite cold. Last year this time we already had tulips coming up and ready to bloom!

I am so ready for spring to start!!

2. Scott H

Scott H Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Twin Lakes, ID
    My Coop
    I agree but we're on the other side of the country. 21dg. last nite. Chicks water frozen again. Really.

3. TravisE

TravisE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2012
    fayette county wv
    i cant wait for spring to. they are call for snow here for the next 3 days here[​IMG].

4. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

I rhought we had global warming not global cooling.....

5. LovePolish2

LovePolish2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    Missouri
    I know right

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    So far it's just flurrying here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we don't get anything! It was 40 degrees last night while I was leaving work. Can't believe there is supposed to be snow today!

7. TravisE

TravisE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2012
    fayette county wv
    here we have 3" on the ground already. they are for another 3" to 5".[​IMG]

8. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    We have 6ish" and it is supposed to continue until tomorrow. The fedex drive just walked up our 1/2 mile private lane to deliver an envelope because we have not plowed it yet. I think he is going to get some cookies...

9. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    We had 60 degrees on Wednesday and it snowed on Thursday.

10. newfoundland

newfoundland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    We are also having horrible weather in the UK. Lots of people snowed in over the weekend and power cut to thousands of homes. It was drifting to 12 feet in some places burying cars and causing lots of accidents. It's the farm animals that I feel concerned for, the sheep are lambing and no newborn could survive this bitter east wind that has been blowing for five days now. We are so grateful that being on the coast keeps us a little warmer and we tend not to get the very deep snow. I am glad every evening when the horses are back in their stables and the ducks are shut away in their little houses. I have no idea what sort of a growing season we are going to have as the constant rain and snow has raised the water table. If you dig a hole it fills with water. This time last year we had a drought and water was being rationed. These aree very strange times we live in for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by