This will be for the hens

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by PeuAPeu, Apr 1, 2012.

1. PeuAPeu

PeuAPeu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    Alabama
    I am trying as best I can to use items I have on hand to build my coop rather than buy items. I have a few items that came from a house that was being torn down. I have this small double cabinet which I think would be good for the hens. What do you think. I am going to put the door to the outside so I can use them to gather eggs without always having to go inside the pen. I cut two opening which will give them access for the inside. I also have two folding doors which I think would be good for the side wall/s to give ventilation. I am going to add some wire to the inside to give additional protection in case something were to pull off the outside of the vents. Do you all think these ideas are ok?[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AlabamaSweetpea

AlabamaSweetpea Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2012
    Mobile, Alabama
    I really like your nest boxes and the archway. I wanted to use a cabinet too, but I'd have to buy a new one and that would be too expensive.

3. PeuAPeu

PeuAPeu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    Alabama
    This ended up being attached to the side of my main coop that I had a friend build. Now I am having to build a bigger pen as the dogs killed all but one of my chickens. Upgrades ahead.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by