This wind is insane!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ljf24, Jan 23, 2010.

1. ljf24

ljf24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    TN
    I was trying to get some sleep, but this wind just won't let me. It sounds like a train running right beside my window. And there's a tree branch beating against the side of my house. Friday we had three tornado's here in lower TN. I watched one land a couple miles from my house. My turkeys like to roost in the backyard, but the way this wind is blowing i bet they are having a rough time roosting. Anyone else having these high pressure winds?

2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    The "T" word is not allowed to be uttered in January, that is a summer word around here - and not a nice one.

Hope you find some sleep soon.

3. ljf24

ljf24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    TN
    Well, this is the first time i've ever seen a -T- in January here in TN in 40 years of life.

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Our wind hasn't been too bad, highest gust today was 78mph.

5. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Glad we didn't have winds like that with the ie, we lost enough big tree branches and tree tops. Can't imagine how much more would have come down with those kinds of winds.

6. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

We're next in line for that wind today.
    Already battened down the hatches in the barn and am hoping for no electricity loss here in SWVA.

7. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    We are here in west Alabama. It woke me many times, along with heavy deluges of rain. Some counties have flood warnings. It doesn't comfort me knowing how many tall trees we are surrounded by. This morning they are talking about tornado watches and warnings, flood warnings and wind advisories. Whew!

8. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Yep Here in Southern Indiana the wind has been incredibly strong.. It almost pushed me off the road tonite and had me watching the skies all night last night.. My ducks did not like it at all they didnt shut up all night....

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Winds like that are normal in Kansas. T's should start to pop up in march april or so. Any Ts in Florida yet? I remember the groundhog T in 07.

10. FollowingMyNose

FollowingMyNose Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2010
    Paulding County Georgia
    Sitting here listening to the wind knock stuff around in NW Georgia! I am just getting started researching what we need for a few backyard chickens, and can't help but wonder how rainy windy days like this will affect them. I have family near Dallas, TX and they had Ts this week...yikes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by