This wind is insane!

ljf24

Songster
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
TN
I was trying to get some sleep, but this wind just won't let me. It sounds like a train running right beside my window. And there's a tree branch beating against the side of my house. Friday we had three tornado's here in lower TN. I watched one land a couple miles from my house. My turkeys like to roost in the backyard, but the way this wind is blowing i bet they are having a rough time roosting. Anyone else having these high pressure winds?

The "T" word is not allowed to be uttered in January, that is a summer word around here - and not a nice one.

Hope you find some sleep soon.

Well, this is the first time i've ever seen a -T- in January here in TN in 40 years of life.

Glad we didn't have winds like that with the ie, we lost enough big tree branches and tree tops. Can't imagine how much more would have come down with those kinds of winds.

We are here in west Alabama. It woke me many times, along with heavy deluges of rain. Some counties have flood warnings. It doesn't comfort me knowing how many tall trees we are surrounded by. This morning they are talking about tornado watches and warnings, flood warnings and wind advisories. Whew!

Yep Here in Southern Indiana the wind has been incredibly strong.. It almost pushed me off the road tonite and had me watching the skies all night last night.. My ducks did not like it at all they didnt shut up all night....

Sitting here listening to the wind knock stuff around in NW Georgia! I am just getting started researching what we need for a few backyard chickens, and can't help but wonder how rainy windy days like this will affect them. I have family near Dallas, TX and they had Ts this week...yikes.

Back
Top Bottom