THOR the Friskey Brahma Roo. PICS!!

Damummis

Chickenista
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Mid-Coast
Thor my 5 month old bonus exotic with my Ideal order has come of age!!!

At first when I would watch him I thought, "What's wrong with him? Does he have bugs?" The way he would puff up and shake himself. Made me wonder. Then one day I read Speckledhen's post on how to tell the difference between a fertile egg and an infertile egg. Ever since I am fascinated with checking my eggs. I'll even go as far as making that French Toast for the extra two eggs. Don't get me wrong I am not being wasteful, DH loves French Toast (eww), I just can't believe I have fertile eggs.

Now the question is what will I get? I know it will be a "barnyard mix" if I hatch them, but are there any characteristics that will be desirable. Oh, Yeah, almost forgot. The girls........... now laying .........3 Comets, 3 EEers. Not laying yet..........Cochins, black, blue ,buff and partridge.

Last edited:
I wanna see more pics of his body!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png

This is what I have. Raining today, or I would have taken new pics. Of the whole flock and the new run.

Bet he's a sweet tempered boy. I had a Lt Brahma cockerel once (sexing mistake). Sold him because wasn't planning on keeping a Brahma rooster, but Bart was the mildest mannered youngster and a charming boy. I did think a bit about keeping him, too.

I love my new light brahma roo I have growing out. His name is Oliver II. I find these boys to be sweet natured. What you will see is a barnyard mix with him being the only rooster to all those different breeds. Some may have feathered legs, some not. Some will have a pea comb maybe and others a single comb. Just an odd mix of what you may get. Also weird colors! lol

He is sweet. He lets the girls pick him up. I haven't tried. I can say that yesterday when I was fastening the fence to the run he followed me and honked the whole time. He doesn't crow.........yet. He honks like a goose. I didn't want a roo, but I like him so I think he is a keeper.

So about the eggs............ How do I start????

Last edited:
Quote:
Weird colors are good in my book, I like weird.

I have one buff Cochin with one black toe feather. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom