Thor vs Cat!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Cetawin, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    The Combatants:

Thor, 18 week old Splash Orp Roo

[​IMG]

Roomie's Obnoxious Wench

[​IMG]

So, this morning my beloved little 18 week old Splash Orpington roo is in the kitchen for a visit and breakfast. He got a scratch a few days ago during an earthquake and I have been spoiling him rotten....but he was having a small plate of grapes, leftover steamed rice and broccoli while I was cooking scrambled eggs for everyone else. My roomie has this female cat that is an obnoxious fat spotted nuisance. So, Thor is enjoying his breakfast and I am cooking when the Wench comes strolling through the diningroom and into the kitchen. Thor's head is down towards his plate when the Fat Rat pops around the corner near where he was eating. What happened next was priceless!

Thor stands up and stretches himself really tall...cat stops dead in her tracks....Thor screams his deep voiced "I will hurt you" scream (which sounds like a cross of a T-Rex and a cornered Raptor) ...Cat spins to run for it and Thor grabs the cat by the hind quarter...cat is screaming and trying to get traction...Roo is hanging on to the cat's butt. Finally, Cat gets traction and runs for it...Thor let her go and stands there proudly "bruuuuuuuuurrrrrrrring" at me like he done a good thing (which he had)...with a beak full of cat fur! [​IMG]

Cat came slinking out of her room later and she has a nice bald spot on her backside but she steered very clear of the area where Thor had been hours before.

So Rooster 1 Obnoxious Cat - 1 spot of fur

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

Cat better be careful - one gulp and cat could be gone.

[​IMG]

Good Thor [​IMG]

3. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Quote:[​IMG] Would love to see it on video. Bet you wish you'd had video cam on. That is a big roo. What do you do with all of those chook dumplins that they leave on your floor? [​IMG]

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Oh, I can just picture it in my mind! I would have loved to see a photo of that! [​IMG]

(PS... I hate cats!) [​IMG]

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:[​IMG] Would love to see it on video. Bet you wish you'd had video cam on. That is a big roo. What do you do with all of those chook dumplins that they leave on your floor? [​IMG]

LOL I have yet to have a bird leave any...chicks yes but the older ones and adult not yet. It will happen one day I am sure...that is what paper towels, mop and bucket are for, if it happens! [​IMG]

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:me too, especially that fat spotted wench

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good rooster! Gooooood, Thor! Gotta love a cat-stomping rooster! [​IMG] Yep, he'll be a great protector for the ladies. So, guess you'd call this a real Predator (Thor) and Pest (cat) story!

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Exactly...that cat is a HUGE pest...you already know what I think about her [​IMG] If she had turned to scratch him I would have punted her like a football! Mean ornery hateful thing.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Great going THOR. I'd love to see a video of that too. I am NOT of the cat friendly persuasion. Just how big is Thor, he look huge on your lap. Yay, chickens need another Hero.

10. smileyfacecat

smileyfacecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Wrentham, MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by