Those crazy guineas...

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by SterlingAcres, Nov 1, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Finally, my BIL & his wife & kids have found a place to rent. They started moving their things up from Philly today, so they weren't here. Which means I had SERIOUS cleaning to do. My morning started REALLY early. I've let the dogs out, cleaned up toys, started a fire since it was chilly this morning, reorganized, dusted, let the birds out into the run, moved living room furniture, fed the boys breakfast, moved my sons whole room back into their bedroom, swept 3 rooms, mopped 2 rooms, had a knock at the door - it was the neighbor saying the guineas were out, gathered some kitchen scraps and went outside to look for them. See 3 sitting on the run roof, scare them back in, catch the two lost on the ground trying to get inside, found one treed up a pine near Cheyenne (one of the dogs) crying like a baby. It took an hour and half a loaf of bread to convince it down. Get it back into the run. Wash dishes, play with kids, feed them lunch. Turn to look outside, 3 guineas outside again. 3 more slices of bread gone to catch them. [​IMG]

Sweep the hallway and stairs, straighten the bathroom, rearrange the furniture in my bedroom, DH goes out for a smoke and starts yelling. More guineas outside. [​IMG] They really wanted to free range today. Ian goes out and unscrews the roosts (since the rain and snow demolished the roof netting).... No more loose guineas.

It always seems they give me grief on busy days... What the heck.

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    You didnt show them the pot where naughty birds end up yet, did you??

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Sounds like you had a very busy day. Always when you want to get things done....the birds misbehave.
    And glad to hear your BIL and family have a place to rent of thier own. Ahhhhhhhh, life back to " normal"?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by