1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

those of you with minis or ponies

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by shadowpaints, Dec 18, 2010.

1. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    i tie my own rope halters and i have a ton in mini or small pony size, would anyone here be interested in buying some? just wondering and wanted to ask before i posted a auction.. i can tie other sizes too..

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  2. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    I have a little mini that came with an ill fitting halter that you could tell had been on her a while.

Can you post pictures that show colors and types of material?

3. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    right now i have purple, green and red.. i am working on marroon and black right now. im using nylon cord that is 1/4 inch and weight load is 300 lbs.

here is a pic of my stallion wearing the purple one. its a bit big on him, but he is tiny.. 31 inches and a tiny head

[​IMG]

4. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    My little girl is also 31" with a tiny head.

[​IMG]

5. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I love rope halters and use them on my horses all the time, I bought some off Ebay for my minis and they were for Medium sized minis..he had S, M, L, XL andthe M was to big. The 1st time 1 of my minis pulled back it tightened the knot so I couldnt get it undone and the whole thing stretched and slipped over her nose. If I was to get more I would get some made with the same width stuff they use for Big horses.

6. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    Quote:yes that can happen, it helps to make sure you are tieing it correctly. and if the knots arent tied right when the halter is made it will stretch out.

7. Appytaz

Appytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    How much are you charging for them? I have a mini donkey that could use one!

8. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by