those on my egg list for white showgirl eggs.... please read important

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by therealsilkiechick, Feb 2, 2009.

1. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    for those of u on my white showgirl egg lists for spring, i will not be able to fill ur orders for them.[​IMG] we had a preditor attack last night that whiped out all of our white showgirl hens, pullets and youngsters we had for spring breeding. [​IMG] all i have left of them is the showgirl roosters that where in the with the silkie girls. so we will be starting our whites over again. i'm so heart broken i am beside myself. i still have the 2 silkie roos who where in with the girls they r all that survided the attack on their pen. i still have the other colors of showgirls they r fine and so r the others. i wanted to make sure u all knew i'd not be able to do eggs for them so u had time to find someone else to get ur white showgirls from. i'll not be able to do eggs for them again till fall or next spring since we will be hatching them all for us to build our stock back up. [​IMG]
    i'm very sorry,
    silkie

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Oh I am soooo sorry!! [​IMG]
    I wasn't even on your waiting list and I could still cry.

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    thank you so much, i think i'm doing enough crying for both of us. we believe it was a coon, mink or weasel but not for sure yet. it was ripping them through the pen, which is odd it is 4ft off the ground and we've never had anything get to them. after the kid's go to the doctors we will be scouting to see if we can find what caused it and to hopefully find the rest of the bodies and will be setting traps.

4. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    I wasn't on your list, I just want to say how sad and I understand how you feel. [​IMG]

5. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I hope you catch whatever is doing it I had the same problem wiped out my silkie pen... [​IMG]

6. mommahento5

mommahento5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2007
    South East Indiana
    I wasn't on your list either...but I am so sorry for your loss! I hope you figure out what did it.

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Wow! I sure hope you can discover what got them, and set some traps. I certainly don't want to think of that beast coming back for more!!!

8. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    I wasn't on your list either, but wanted to give you some [​IMG]

Kristen

9. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I'm so sorry! [​IMG]

10. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Oh my!! I am a showgirl owner that always tunes in to when you discuss the breed on the forum. Your love of your showgirls always shine through your words. I am so sorry for your loss and setback. I will be watching to see when you catch the culprit...and I hope you feel more at ease when you do! Claudia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by